Friday, October 5, 2007

my life as a student (part I)

“Some things in this world don’t change..
Luckily, some things do..”

- Captain Niobe (Matrix)


I can still remember how frightened and anxious I was when I first stepped my foot in Munsci. It was my parents’ decision to take the entrance exam in this school and I was obliged to pass it. Besides, my sister passed the test and is currently in her junior year. If not for my friends, I would never enter this school.

I figured out that it’s really hard to make friends…especially to complete strangers. I was sure enough that I really looked stupid grinning at them and introducing myself. Luckily, Joyce, Tatum, and I belong to one section, Arrhenius. And that was the start of our freshmen year.

After a month or so, we were able to make a lot of friends (though we’re not sure who among them are true.). Assignments are starting to pile up and I’m trying to cope up with the difficult lessons the teachers are introducing to us. We’ve been very busy with practices, assignments, seatworks, quizzes, summatives, tests, rehearsals, contests, camps, you name them all. It was a fast track. My sister's right. A lot of courage, patience and strength is needed for you to survive in that school (more like a hell to me..=p).


But what makes freshmen year, the best year I’ve undergone so far?

Aside from the fact that our section is the coolest, naughtiest and definitely the most barbaric section (not to mention, the section with the dirtiest room..Ü) among all first years, we also experienced falling in love for the first time in our lives. And for me, this gave much excitement and color in my high school life. With all those dreams and promises vowed to each other, I felt like HE was the one I’ve been waiting for. HE was the one who’s really meant for me. And I must admit, I had the greatest time of my life when I’m with him. Though I shed a lot of tears because of arguments and misunderstandings, I never regretted it. I was happy. He was happy. We were both happy…and I’m contented in that.


..to be continued..


2 comments:

Alyzza said...

wow!!

i'm starting to love your posts!

i agree with the pile of work to do to survive school―but it's fun anyway.

but i must say that my sophomore years were the best because:
--we were reunited!
--it was,yeah, colorful. though i really didn't know if it was love.
--i've been very, extremely, deeply happy with ii-euler!

and about you were both happy, congratulations! breaking up is a part of life. it's normal to feel that way. i'm really happy when you said that you were contented with that. it's a part of our life. and i'm glad that you took it as a lesson. i can't find the right words to tell you how glad i am about those last lines.

iloveyou, effie.--hugs--

Anonymous said...

this one's great and i'm waiting for the part two. :)
alyzza's right. its good to know that you're happy with those things that had happened.
hope to read more from you.:)

^^